TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA/CNN) – Walmart is suing Tesla, claiming rooftop solar panels caught fire at several stores.
In a complaint filed Tuesday, Walmart accused Tesla of negligence. According to the complaint, Tesla’s solar panels allegedly ignited fires on the roofs of seven Walmart stores.
Walmart has installed Tesla solar panels on more than 240 stores across the United States. The retail giant now wants Tesla to remove the systems and pay for the damage from the fires.
Tesla could not be immediately reached for comment on the suit. Walmart declined to comment further.
- Hobby Lobby ordered to close after defying coronavirus-prompted orders
- Hillsborough man donates over 50 McDonald’s meals to Feeding Tampa Bay workers
- Expert predicts the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season will be more active, 16 named storms
- Florida has the 5th largest increase in unemployment due to coronavirus, study says
- Police find 192 rolls of toilet paper stashed in stolen SUV in Beverly Hills