CAPE COD, Mass. (WFLA/NBC) - A paddle boarder in Massachusetts has a close encounter with a great white shark and doesn't even know it.
It happened Sunday as stand-up paddle boarder Roger Freeman floated in the water off Cape Cod.
Freeman says he never saw the shark just a few feet away, but photographer Cody DeGroff did.
DeGroff was flying his drone over the water when he took these pictures of the close encounter just north of Nauset Public Beach.
After a little more than an hour and a half on the water, Freeman paddled on shore. That's when he was greeted by someone who knew Degroff.
"When I came in a guy waved me over and said, 'Dude, you got to check this out. My buddy took a drone shot. Look at this,'" Roger Freeman said.
"I was like, holy crap. It was crazy," said photographer Cody DeGroff.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Ikea to cut 7,500 jobs as customer behavior changes
- Trump to spend Thanksgiving in Florida, plans to make first visit to a war zone soon
- Get everything needed for last minute Thanksgiving at Fresh Market
- Police find dead alligators in trunk of Walmart shoplifting suspect in Fort Pierce