(CNN) – Your mom might have been right when she said you were the cause of her gray hairs!
A new study has linked extreme stress to premature graying. Scientists at Harvard looked at how mice reacted to stress.
They found that when the “fight or flight” response to danger kicks in, it also creates a biochemical response that can turn your hair gray.
Researchers hope the study may also help them learn how stress affects different organs and tissues.
You can read more in Wednesday’s edition of the scientific journal, Nature.
- FL Strawberry Festival gets off to a “berry” cold start
- Family of bullied Australian boy declines crowdfunded trip to Disney, wants funds to support anti-bullying charities
- Governor strips coalition against domestic violence from distributor of state funds
- What’s deadlier? Coronavirus or flu
- St. Petersburg man devastated his beloved beagle may be stolen