(CNN) – Your mom might have been right when she said you were the cause of her gray hairs!
A new study has linked extreme stress to premature graying. Scientists at Harvard looked at how mice reacted to stress.
They found that when the “fight or flight” response to danger kicks in, it also creates a biochemical response that can turn your hair gray.
Researchers hope the study may also help them learn how stress affects different organs and tissues.
You can read more in Wednesday’s edition of the scientific journal, Nature.
- Tampa police searching for missing 71-year-old man
- First oak trees selected to replace Notre Dame’s spire
- Poet Amanda Gorman said she was targeted by security guard: ‘One day an icon, the next a threat’
- Affidavit: Man found Tiger Woods unconscious after SUV crash
- Study finds mask mandates, dining out influence virus spread