(CNN) – A Panera Bread employee has been fired after posting an 18-second video showing the making of the chain’s popular macaroni and cheese, and it’s not made as many expected.
It shows that the mac and cheese is pre-packaged and frozen.
The video, which has been viewed more than six million times, shows a plastic packet of frozen mac and cheese dropped into boiling water, cut open and poured into a bowl.
The employee took to Twitter saying she was fired for the video.
A Panera spokesperson says “The mac and cheese is made off-site with our proprietary recipe developed by our chefs” and that the meals are shipped frozen so they can leave out certain preservatives that don’t meet the company’s clean standards.
- Child dies after Christmas parade accident in Tennessee
- Tampa Bay motorcycle group pays tribute to young rider killed following collision with HART bus
- North Port police asking for community’s help in identifying sexual battery suspect
- Florida officer charged with violating women’s civil rights
- Utah tosses thousands of gallons of beer after law change