(CNN) – Business Insider reports McDonald’s plans to add a new chicken option to its nationwide breakfast menu next year.
About half of McDonald’s US locations already have one or two breakfast items featuring chicken.
But Business Insider claims it has seen leaked internal documents that indicate a new chicken dish will appear on McDonald’s breakfast menus across the country in January.
No word on what it might be.
McDonald’s has test-marketed several chicken items recently, both on its breakfast and regular menus.
Wendy’s plans to launch a breakfast menu early next year, which will include a chicken breakfast sandwich.
Some industry watchers say the focus on chicken is a nod to the popularity of Chick-fil-a, and also Popeye’s, which recently debuted a wildly successful new chicken sandwich.
- US jobless claims rise to 778,000 as pandemic worsens
- City of Largo bringing holiday cheer with annual light display at park
- Biden to deliver Thanksgiving address amid steep rise in Covid cases
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19