BARCELONA (WFLA) – A Colombian man was detained in Barcelona after he reportedly tried to smuggle about $34,000 worth of cocaine under a poorly-fitted toupee, Reuters reported Tuesday.
Police said the man caught their attention when he arrived on a flight from Bogota on June 18 and appeared nervous.
Officers had the man remove his wig and found a package stuck to his head with about $34,000 worth of cocaine, authorities said.
“There is no limit to the inventiveness of drug traffickers trying to mock controls,” the Spanish National Police said in a statement.
The statement included a photo of a middle-aged man in a wig with his eyes blocked out, but police gave no more details regarding his identity.
The man was charged with a public health violation. It’s unclear if he is still in police custody.
- Chris Christie: Details of Trump indictment ‘devastating,’ ‘damning’
- What to look for when buying a used car
- Buying a car out of state: What you should know
- The producers of ‘Family Feud’ wanted an iconic actor to host the show, according to Richard Dawson
- A sneak peek at the Squishmallows coming to McDonald’s Happy Meals