TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- “License to Kill” and “Botched”
- Pres. Trump to hold Tuesday briefing
- Tampa protester claims he was beaten by jail deputies after arrest, HCSO investigating incident
- Kamala Harris: Who is Joe Biden’s running mate?
- Biden’s VP Pick: What Republicans have to say about Kamala Harris