TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- ‘I enjoy the camaraderie’: Veterans gather at Florida National Cemetery for Veterans Day
- Airport worker who fueled Tampa surgeon’s plane before deadly crash was newly hired
- John Cena matches $1M fan donation toward veteran charity
- Lawmakers seek to end specter of government shutdowns
- St.Pete residents upset with new parking meter changes