AUSTIN, TX. (KXAN) — It was an emotional scene at St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, located in Austin, Texas, after a patient recovered from COVID-19.
The 44-year-old woman was met with a line of hospital workers and a chorus of cheers as she was wheeled out of an elevator and released from the hospital.
The woman was admitted to St. David’s 16 days ago with a cough and a fever, and eventually she had to be put on a ventilator for 10 days.
She is one of more than 480 people in Central Texas who have contracted the novel coronavirus.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Gov. Cuomo orders all travelers to New York to get tested for coronavirus
- Florida coronavirus: Percent positive nears 8%
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Rate of new home construction rises, creates new opportunities for workers amidst pandemic
- U.S. COVID-19 cases surge past 9 million