AUSTIN, TX. (KXAN) — It was an emotional scene at St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, located in Austin, Texas, after a patient recovered from COVID-19.
The 44-year-old woman was met with a line of hospital workers and a chorus of cheers as she was wheeled out of an elevator and released from the hospital.
The woman was admitted to St. David’s 16 days ago with a cough and a fever, and eventually she had to be put on a ventilator for 10 days.
She is one of more than 480 people in Central Texas who have contracted the novel coronavirus.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Miami Heat to use COVID-19-sniffing dogs to screen fans at games
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Fired Texas doctor allegedly stole COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,535 new cases, 129 new deaths
- 600 seniors in Hillsborough County get COVID-19 vaccine as part of initiative expansion