(CNN) – A California man says an “enormous” great white shark took a bite out of his kayak on Saturday.
Danny McDaniel and a friend, Jon Chambers, were kayaking near California’s Santa Catalina Island when McDaniel says he felt something push the boat.
He said the shark sunk its teeth into the back end of the kayak and pushed him around until he was face-to-face with chambers.
The shark let go and disappeared.
McDaniel said the entire encounter lasted about five seconds.
Chambers said the shark was at least double the length of the 9-foot kayak.
- USDA recalls Taco Bell’s Seasoned Beef over possible metal shavings contamination
- Olympic gold medalist from Clearwater hoping to qualify for 2020 Olympic Games
- Search underway for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in Polk County double homicide
- Pedophile who abused up to 200 children found dead in prison
- Lay’s introduces grilled cheese and tomato soup flavored chips