(CNN) – A California man says an “enormous” great white shark took a bite out of his kayak on Saturday.
Danny McDaniel and a friend, Jon Chambers, were kayaking near California’s Santa Catalina Island when McDaniel says he felt something push the boat.
He said the shark sunk its teeth into the back end of the kayak and pushed him around until he was face-to-face with chambers.
The shark let go and disappeared.
McDaniel said the entire encounter lasted about five seconds.
Chambers said the shark was at least double the length of the 9-foot kayak.
- Additional doses of COVID-19 vaccine may be needed to protect against variants, Tampa doctor says
- Couple goes viral after fiancé proposes with five engagement rings
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day
- ‘Godzilla shark’: 300 million-year-old fossil discovered in New Mexico
- ‘I’m going home’ Colorado police officer on administrative leave after arrest of woman with dementia over $14 theft