(CNN) – A California man says an “enormous” great white shark took a bite out of his kayak on Saturday.
Danny McDaniel and a friend, Jon Chambers, were kayaking near California’s Santa Catalina Island when McDaniel says he felt something push the boat.
He said the shark sunk its teeth into the back end of the kayak and pushed him around until he was face-to-face with chambers.
The shark let go and disappeared.
McDaniel said the entire encounter lasted about five seconds.
Chambers said the shark was at least double the length of the 9-foot kayak.
- Registered sex offender accused of raping Florida woman after fake job interview, police say
- Security video captures jail inmate’s fall through ceiling during escape attempt
- Thousands turn out for first day of Gasparilla Distance Classic
- Treat yourself! It’s National Margarita Day
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election