AUSTIN (KXAN) — A TikTok video of a grandmother becoming enraged after hearing Black Lives Matter discussed in her grandchild’s virtual Zoom class has gone viral.
The video posted by TikTok user @stayflyest, “Karen found in Zoom Class going off,” appears to show a grandmother interrupting her grandchild’s class to confront the teacher over “talking about BLM and all that stuff.”
The woman, whose face has been blurred out, waves her hands at the teacher, who calmly explains that the lesson was a discussion of historical events.
“No, you’re talking about BLM and all that stuff. And we’re not going to talk about it. Unless you want to hear what I have to say,” she said, before adding, “And Barack Obama was biracial. He wasn’t just black. He should have owned both sides of his family.”
“Ma’am, we’re reading a story and the question was presented to the students, ‘What’s the most important historical event that’s happened in your lifetime,” the teacher explained.
This prompts the grandmother to ask, “Well, how did BLM show up?”
The teacher then tells the woman, “Your granddaughter brought it up.”
“Karen found in Zoom Class going off,” has been viewed over a million times and earned nearly 400,000 likes and nearly 8,000 comments.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- AMBER Alert canceled for 2 girls found safe after 2 boys found dead in Kansas
- Silver Alert canceled after Clearwater man with memory issues found
- Ivanka Trump to hold ‘Make America Great Again!’ campaign event in Sarasota on Tuesday
- ‘Florida and America need 4 more years of Pres. Donald Trump’: VP Mike Pence rallies supporters in Lakeland just 10 days before election
- Hundreds in Tampa take part in ‘Parade to the Polls’