INDIA (CNN Newsource) – A “rare” yellow turtle was captured by forest officials in eastern India on Sunday.
The turtle was first spotted by local residents and handed over to the forest department.
Experts said it is possibly an albino mutation of a common turtle.
This type of turtle is commonly found in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Myanmar but an albino turtle of this kind is extremely rare.
It has never been seen before in odisha and only seen once before in all of india.
Turtles are under the wildlife protection act and are considered endangered.
MORE VIRAL NEWS
- Real estate agent uses creepy dolls to market ‘hideous and horrifying’ home in Louisiana
- Disney World comments on video of little boy tipping his hat for costumed princesses: ‘This is adorable’
- Duck visiting all 50 states to raise money for cancer research
- Polk County teens arrested after taking part in ‘devious lick’ TikTok challenge, sheriff says
- Simon Cowell shares update on Ohio singer ‘Nightbirde’ amid cancer battle