(CNN) – Talk about a buried treasure…
An Australian couple accidentally tossed their diamond wedding and engagement rings into the trash.
The unidentified couple was renovating their Melbourne home when they dropped off their garbage at a collection center over the weekend.
Shortly afterward, they realized a small jewelry box was in the rubbish.
Trash collectors and city council workers plowed through 30 tons of trash.
They eventually found the pink bag that had the rings.
Stonnington City Council spokesman Jim Carden called it a “fairytale outcome.”
- President Trump unveils healthcare plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Max Defender 8 Forecast: Higher Humidity Is Back
- New Ring security drone will fly around inside your home
- Deputies respond to Tampa Bay Lightning fan screaming ‘shoot!’ during Game 3 of Stanley Cup Final
- Sen. Scott proposes bill requiring states count and report federal election ballots within 24 hours