PROVO, Utah (ABC4 News) – Brigham Young University pole vaulter, Zach McWhorter, is going viral on the social media platform, TikTok, but for a painful price.
McWhorter, a 21-year-old student, was practicing his pole vaulting skills when disaster struck. At first, the video he posted to TikTok seems like it was a normal jump however, when his pole didn’t fall the right way, it essentially impaled his scrotum.
According to Fox Sports, the athlete’s dad rushed him to the hospital where he received 18 stitches. Luckily, McWhorter says he only has a scar from the viral incident.
So far, McWhorter’s TikTok video has over 18 million views, 3.6 million likes and over 38,000 comments.
- Invisible lines in sand cause confusion as Pinellas County beachgoers persist despite coronavirus orders
- Nearly 3,000 sailors to leave aircraft carrier amid virus outbreak
- 6-week-old baby dies of coronavirus in Connecticut
- US Census continues 2020 count despite coronavirus outbreak
- NASA call for astronauts draws 12,000 spaceflight hopefuls