(CNN) – Whoops! That’s what Chick-fil-A is saying after promoting National Sandwich Day on Sunday when its restaurants are closed.
An email sent from Chick-fil-A called for customers to order their chicken sandwich on Nov. 3, which happens to fall on a Sunday this year. But the chicken chain is famously known for being closed that day of the week.
Chick-fil-A eventually corrected the error by sending another email apologizing for the confusion.
Popeyes poked fun at the company saying the chain is always open seven days a week.
Popeyes even announced that its popular chicken sandwich would return on Sunday when Chick-fil-A is closed.
- Dramatic video shows man falling out of moving SUV onto busy roadway in Louisiana
- Florida State Fair 2021 tickets now on sale
- President Trump rallies in Georgia ahead of Senate runoffs
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music provide personalized 2020 review