TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Unless you’ve been living under a rock the past year, you are probably well aware 2020 is the year of the Karen.
There have been countless memes and TikTok videos dedicated to name, which has been used to describe white, middle-class woman thought to be acting entitled, usually while dealing with people of color or those in customer service.
A number of “Karens” made headlines this year, including Central Park “Karen” Amy Cooper who went viral after calling the cops on a black man in New York City, and San Francisco “Karen” who called police on a man who was writing a Black Lives Matter sign in chalk in front of his own home.
A Los Angeles-based artist is capitalizing off Karen’s national infamy this Halloween.
Jason Adcock is selling two versions of the “Karen” mask on Etsy, calling them the “scariest thing you can be on Halloween.”
The masks are made with latex and feature a “personal paint job, styled hair and lashes.” One is covered in warts.
“Sculpted, molded, cast, painted and finished myself. Vision slits above the eyes and and additional vents in mouth nose and ears . Mask is one size fits most (I have a large head and fits me ) if mask is to big you can glue a bit of sponge to the inside top,” Adcock wrote in the description.
If you want to stay relevant this Halloween, you can buy Adcock’s masks for $180 each.
More information about the masks are available on the artist’s Etsy store.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Sunshine returns Sunday, gradual warming trend this week in Tampa
- Hit and run crash blocks all lanes of I-75 SB near Big Bend Road
- Cheating during remote testing is a problem, but now there’s a fix
- ‘I’m ready to talk,’ Meghan Markle says ahead of Oprah interview
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints