CHICAGO (WGN) — A Chicago family wants the community to help a local ice cream vendor retire.
On Father’s Day, Michaelangelo Mosqueda’s family bought all of 70-year-old Don Rosario’s paletas, which are Mexican ice pops.
They didn’t want Rosario to have to work in the heat or on a holiday.
Mosqueda created a GoFundMe page for Rosario to help him retire. The goal was to raise $10,000, and so far, it has surpassed $35,000.
Mosqueda posted the video of his family buying all the paletas from Rosario on social media, and it has now gone viral with more than 5 million views.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Duck visiting all 50 states to raise money for cancer research
- Polk County teens arrested after taking part in ‘devious lick’ TikTok challenge, sheriff says
- Simon Cowell shares update on Ohio singer ‘Nightbirde’ amid cancer battle
- Strangers donate $1 million to baby girl, widow of Marine killed in Kabul bombing
- Texas lawyer dresses as ‘Halloween’ killer Michael Myers for stroll on the beach, gets handcuffed by police