CHICAGO (WGN) — A Chicago family wants the community to help a local ice cream vendor retire.
On Father’s Day, Michaelangelo Mosqueda’s family bought all of 70-year-old Don Rosario’s paletas, which are Mexican ice pops.
They didn’t want Rosario to have to work in the heat or on a holiday.
Mosqueda created a GoFundMe page for Rosario to help him retire. The goal was to raise $10,000, and so far, it has surpassed $35,000.
Mosqueda posted the video of his family buying all the paletas from Rosario on social media, and it has now gone viral with more than 5 million views.
MORE TOP STORIES
- World’s longest-surviving conjoined twin brothers die at 68
- Man catches 112-pound catfish in Mississippi River
- Doc braids patient’s hair before surgery
- Alabama scuba diver hooked while diving, reeled to the surface
- California man dies of coronavirus a day after expressing regret over attending party