CHICAGO (WGN) — A Chicago family wants the community to help a local ice cream vendor retire.
On Father’s Day, Michaelangelo Mosqueda’s family bought all of 70-year-old Don Rosario’s paletas, which are Mexican ice pops.
They didn’t want Rosario to have to work in the heat or on a holiday.
Mosqueda created a GoFundMe page for Rosario to help him retire. The goal was to raise $10,000, and so far, it has surpassed $35,000.
Mosqueda posted the video of his family buying all the paletas from Rosario on social media, and it has now gone viral with more than 5 million views.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Doctor appears in court video call while performing surgery
- Archeologists find intact ceremonial chariot near Pompeii
- WATCH: Beluga whale appears to give child a kiss at Connecticut aquarium
- Woman wins over $302K playing slot machine at Las Vegas airport
- Courage the partially paralyzed dog looks for forever home