BOSTON (NBC) – A tortoise rendered homeless after her owner died of the coronavirus has been adopted.
The MSPCA says a “Bonafide turtle expert” now owns the 53-year-old tortoise named “Ms. Jennifer.”
A spokesperson said the organization fielded more than 3,000 inquiries before making the selection.
Ms. Jennifer had been under the care of MSPCA staffers since May 9, after her owner was admitted to the hospital.
She now has a new home in Boston.
MORE VIRAL NEWS
- Alabama scuba diver hooked while diving, reeled to the surface
- California man dies of coronavirus a day after expressing regret over attending party
- ‘I had pasta tonight’: TikTokers using code phrases to express depression, suicidal thoughts
- Vanilla Ice cancels Friday concert in Texas amid coronavirus pandemic
- Vanilla Ice to hold July 4 concert in Texas despite rising coronavirus cases