BOSTON (NBC) – A tortoise rendered homeless after her owner died of the coronavirus has been adopted.
The MSPCA says a “Bonafide turtle expert” now owns the 53-year-old tortoise named “Ms. Jennifer.”
A spokesperson said the organization fielded more than 3,000 inquiries before making the selection.
Ms. Jennifer had been under the care of MSPCA staffers since May 9, after her owner was admitted to the hospital.
She now has a new home in Boston.
MORE VIRAL NEWS
- College students surprise professor with heartwarming thank you message, video goes viral
- Here’s when you can see the ‘Christmas Star’ for the first time in 800 years
- Male Texas student calls in-school suspension for painted nails ‘complete double standard’
- ‘Believe in miracles’: 21-year-old survives cardiac arrest, being taken off life support
- Ohio nursing home cheers up residents with ‘deer hunt’