SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- SpaceX delays simulated rocket failure due to weather, now targeting Sunday
- By the Numbers: Deadly crash involving school bus in Brooksville rare, but not unusual
- National Winnie the Pooh Day celebrates author’s 137th birthday
- Lottery ticket purchased in Largo wins $205k
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Last warm and dry day before turning much colder