SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. DeSantis gives update on state’s response to pandemic
- Stocks fall, head to worst quarter on Wall Street since 2008
- A guide to surviving financially as bills come due
- Police: Woman anxious about coronavirus shoots at St. Pete officer checking on her
- Florida Democrats blast governor’s handling of virus crisis