HOUSTON, Texas (WFLA/KXAN) – United Airlines has removed a flight attendant from duty after she deployed the emergency chute on a flight in Houston.
The attendant was captured on video opening the emergency door, tossing out her handbag, then sliding down the slide. The only problem was that nothing appeared to be wrong with the plane.
The plane has just landed from Sacramento. In the surveillance video, you can see the plane door open and the chute deploy. Moments later, you can see the female flight attendant throw her bag out of the plane before sliding down the slide, KPRC reported.
Once off the plane, the female can be seen standing for a moment before grabbing her bag and leaving.
“That’s insane. Why?” Traveler Sharon Lovedahl said. “Why would she do that?”
Neither United Airlines nor investigators have revealed what led to the flight attendant’s rather quick exit.
The incident happened at the same time a passenger on the flight began having trouble breathing and needed to be removed from the plane in a wheelchair, KPRC reported.
“When we landed we were told to stay in our seats as deplaning would take a bit longer,” said Jonah Vella,a passenger on the plane.
All other passengers deplaned normally.MORE TOP CLICKED STORIES TODAY:
- Cops: 4 men raped girl while her mother smoked meth in garage
- Children attacked by knife-wielding man during P.E. class
- Cardiologist explains Steven Stamkos’ condition, signs to watch out for
- Dog found with head duct-taped in SC
- Brewpub’s founder writes about banning sexist customer
- Homeowners raking in extra cash renting houses out for Sun -N- Fun
- Only on 8: Police admit officer made a mistake but said protocol was followed
- Court docs: Disguised camera recorded nude woman in tanning room
- Veteran claims she was kicked off airplane because of support dog
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines