LITTLE CHUTE, Wis. (WBAY) – Fox Valley Metro Police are looking into a highway crash that’s creating a lot of discussion on social media.
The video posted on YouTube shows an SUV closely following a car on southbound Interstate 41, north of Little Chute Thursday morning.
Thirty seconds into the video, the driver of the car suddenly but briefly hits the brakes – a practice known as “brake checking” – and the SUV dodges, loses control and crashes in the median.
Police say the driver who crashed was cited.
As for the driver who tapped the brakes, they haven’t been identified. If they’re found, there’s no word if they’ll be cited. Police say the investigation is continuing.
Police say anytime you see brake checking, unsafe driving or a road rage incident, call them.
“Instead of taking things into your own hands, if you’re upset at another driver or you feel actions are dangerous, call us. That’s what we’re here for. We’ll certainly go up and investigate those incidents,” Officer Michael Lambie of Fox Valley Metro Police said.
OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES:
- Richard Simmons: I’m not being held against my will
- Pinellas school crossing guard arrested, accused of shooting gun during argument
- ‘Voice’ sensation only 16-years-old, from Tampa Bay
- Pedestrian discovers body of female near Largo intersection
- 2 police officers injured in crash with stolen car
- >>Back to homepage for the latest breaking news and latest top stories