UPDATE: The suspect has been identified as Christopher Ivey, 49. Ivey was arrested Friday and charged with felony petit theft and criminal mischief.
PREVIOUS STORY: ST. PETERSBURG, FL (WFLA) — St. Petersburg Police are trying to identify the man who smashed a glass quarters game with a sledgehammer after losing several times.
Police say the man was inside Teresa’s Food Mart, located at 2601 30th Ave. N., on Sunday afternoon when he became frustrated when he played the quarters game several times and didn’t win.
Police say he walked out to his vehicle, and came back inside to play one more time. When he lost again, he pulled out a sledgehammer and smashed the game. The incident was captured on surveillance video and police are looking to identify him.
Anyone with information is asked to call 727-893-7780 or text SPPD + your tip to TIP411.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Outraged parents of injured toddler take to social media
- Netflix to become exclusive streaming service for Disney films
- Police: Children living in home filled with feces, no food or water
- Tampa Bay area fisherman lands massive grouper
- School shocker: Teacher drags autistic student
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines