TAMPA (WFLA) — A United Airlines flight made an emergency landing at Tampa International Airport Tuesday morning after a passenger smelled smoke in the cabin.
The emergency landing was out of an ‘abundance of caution,’ a United Airlines spokesperson told WFLA, and no smoke was found in the cabin.
The flight left Orlando at 9:07 a.m. and was on its way to Houston. According to Flight Aware, the plane turned around in the the middle of the Gulf of Mexico and landed at TIA around 10:45 a.m.
The airplane will be kept on the ground to go through a mechanical check. All passengers were transported to an alternate United Airline plane.
- St. Petersburg museum on mission to improve Holocaust education statewide
- Couple accused of having sex on Myrtle Beach Ferris wheel and in community pool to make porn videos arrested again
- Three victims in fiery Hudson crash remembered
- Dog rescued after being spotted running in northbound lanes of I-275
- Sarasota Police Chief Bernadette DiPino to resign, effective Friday