TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A driver was pulling two trailers behind a truck when he crashed on Interstate 4 on Friday, snarling traffic for early morning commuters.
Troopers said the 30-year-old driver was towing a boat trailer and a camper trailer when they lost control of the truck, causing both the camper and the boat trailer to jacknife.
The impact sent both the boat and the camper into the eastbound entrance ramp from Thonotosassa Road, blocking traffic and causing backups for at least an hour.
Troopers said the driver was cited for careless driving, as well as vehicle registration and oversize load violations.
- Beware of carnivorous hammerhead worms wreaking havoc on lawns
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Tropical Depression 16 forms in the Atlantic
- North Port community holds candlelight vigil for Gabby Petito
- ‘I wanted to support her’: Barber shaves own head to comfort woman battling breast cancer
- COVID-19 variants: What happens when we finish the Greek alphabet?