HILLSBOROUGH CO., Fla. (WFLA) — A 39-year-old Lutz woman died after driving the wrong way on I-275 and colliding head-on with another vehicle Saturday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the woman was driving south in the northbound lanes of I-275 near mile marker 59 when she collided with a woman driving the correct way in the same lane.
The wrong-way driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The woman she collided with was transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
The identification of the woman is pending family notification.
- Bond set for man accused of breaking into Pasco Co. child’s room
- US: States can order COVID shots for younger kids next week
- Indian man gets life sentence for killing his wife with a cobra
- Medicare open enrollment begins for Americans
- Bucs Bonus: Despite Buccaneers win over Eagles, how will banged-up secondary prepare for Bears offense