HILLSBOROUGH CO., Fla. (WFLA) — A 39-year-old Lutz woman died after driving the wrong way on I-275 and colliding head-on with another vehicle Saturday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the woman was driving south in the northbound lanes of I-275 near mile marker 59 when she collided with a woman driving the correct way in the same lane.
The wrong-way driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The woman she collided with was transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
The identification of the woman is pending family notification.
- Weather Break: How to bend a stream of water
- Schakolad Chocolate Factory makes Easter baskets for nurses’ kids
- ‘Houston, we’ve had a problem’: Remembering Apollo 13 at 50
- NBA says players will receive full checks on April 15
- “Drive-by” donation drives encourage giving from a distance