TAMPA (WFLA) — A 24-year-old Seminole woman was hospitalized with serious injuries after crashing into the back of a semi-truck on I-75 in Tampa Monday morning.
Florida Highway Patrol said Kennady Jones crashed into the back of a 30-year-old man’s semi-truck around 3:54 a.m.
All lanes of the interstate were shut down near Fowler Avenue after the crash until 4:30 a.m. Portions of the road were reopened at 5:50 a.m. then fully reopened at 7:30 a.m.
A medical helicopter landed on the roadway to assist in transportation of the woman.
- Man shot, killed after assaulting 2 others with knife in Ruskin, deputies say
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Showers likely today before turning much colder tonight
- George Kittle: From fifth-round pick to Pro Bowler
- Water main break impacting traffic on Memorial Highway
- Police investigating after dog thrown off 29-foot overpass