LUTZ, Fla. (WFLA) – Two people were seriously injured after a crash involving four cars on US 41 and State Road 54 in Lutz Thursday morning, the Florida Highway Patrol said.
According to troopers, a car had pulled out of a driveway onto the northbound lanes of the roadway and moved into an inside lane. A driver behind them failed to brake in time and rear-ended the other vehicle. The impact sent that driver into the southbound lanes of the highway, where it hit two other cars, causing one of them to hit another vehicle.
Troopers said two people were seriously injured, but it’s unclear who suffered injuries. No other injuries were reported.
The crash closed the intersection for several hours Thursday.
- Trump button used to order Diet Coke disappears from Oval Office’s Resolute Desk
- Pinellas County leaders enhance safety protocols for large community events amid pandemic
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Japan PM determined to hold Olympics, will cooperate with Tokyo and IOC
- Dr. Fauci resumes coronavirus briefings at White House under Biden administration