LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — Three armed robbery suspects led police on a multi-county chase from Pinellas to Polk Sunday morning.
Officials said the incident began around 8 a.m. when a woman called 911 and said she had been followed to her home in Tarpon Springs and robbed at gunpoint.
The suspects reportedly left her house and were spotted by a Tarpon Springs officer who tried to pull them over. When the suspects refused to stop, the pursuit ensued.
The same officer had to end the pursuit after getting into a crash in Palm Harbor. The officer was not injured.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office picked up the chase, which went from I-275 onto I-4 east.
Pinellas County deputies and Florida Highway Patrol troopers eventually apprehended the suspects on I-4 near in Lakeland after a timely PIT maneuver. Video released by FHP shows a trooper assist in the PIT maneuver, getting whiplashed in the process.
The suspects have not yet been identified by police.
- When will Florida’s statewide COVID-19 vaccine registration system launch?
- Biden explains how he arrived at $1,400 stimulus check amount
- When will everyone have access to COVID vaccine? Biden says this spring
- Trump impeachment goes to Senate, testing his sway over GOP
- The worst — and best — states for driving