TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A pedestrian was killed early Tuesday morning after being struck by a vehicle in Tampa.
The hit-and-run happened on Hillsborough Avenue near Dale Mabry Highway shortly after 5 a.m.
Traffic homicide detectives are looking for a 1999-2007 Ford E-Series van with damage to the front driver side, including a destroyed headlamp assembly.
The vehicle is believed to have left the scene traveling east on Hillsborough Ave.
Anyone who may have information or who may have witnessed the incident is asked to call Tampa police at 813-231-6130 or contact Crimestoppers of Tampa Bay.
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Hot with a few isolated storms this afternoon
- Launch gives spectators pride, reprieve from troubled times
- “We don’t have to destroy our city to make a point’: WFLA reporter recounts moments protest turned from peaceful march to vandalism, looting
- Champs Sports store set on fire near University Square Mall
- 300 protesters gather outside St. Pete Police Headquarters