TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A pedestrian was killed early Tuesday morning after being struck by a vehicle in Tampa.
The hit-and-run happened on Hillsborough Avenue near Dale Mabry Highway shortly after 5 a.m.
Traffic homicide detectives are looking for a 1999-2007 Ford E-Series van with damage to the front driver side, including a destroyed headlamp assembly.
The vehicle is believed to have left the scene traveling east on Hillsborough Ave.
Anyone who may have information or who may have witnessed the incident is asked to call Tampa police at 813-231-6130 or contact Crimestoppers of Tampa Bay.
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 6,014 new cases, 132 new deaths
- Former Port Richey Mayor Dale Massad accepts plea deal, 3-year prison sentence
- Prosecutor: Tampa police justified in 2 separate shootings
- Super Bowl LV ‘wasn’t a super spreader’ event, Hillsborough Co. health officials say
- Hillsborough County expands vaccine eligibility at Ed Radice site