TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A 33-year-old Brandon woman died Tuesday after crashing into a box truck on Interstate 75, authorities said.
The accident happened on Interstate 75, just north of Fletcher Avenue around 10:15 a.m.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the woman was traveling at a high rate of speed up the interstate in a 2001 Chevrolet when she ran into a box truck that she was unable to pass.
The woman was taken to Advent Health Hospital, where she later died.
The driver of the box truck was not injured, according to the FHP’s report.
Three northbound lanes reopened after the crash, but the outside lane remains closed.
- Thompson-Herah defends Olympic 100m title in 10.61, Jamaican sweep
- USA routs Czech Republic, 119-84 in Tokyo
- Kevin Durant becomes Team USA’s all-time leading scorer, breaks Carmelo Anthony’s record
- Photos: Team USA’s MyKayla Skinner set for vault final
- Which states are sending the most people to Florida