CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – Clearwater police blocked off a portion of Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard Thursday morning after a man was found lying down in the middle of the road with serious injuries.
Police said the man was found around 5:30 a.m. on Gulf-to-Bay near Old Coachman Road. He was taken to Mease Countryside Hospital. The man’s current condition is unknown.
Police still don’t know how the man sustained his injuries and whether a vehicle was involved.
Police shut down the westbound lanes of the roadway and kept one eastbound lane open. All lanes have since reopened.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- House panel votes to advance bill on slavery reparations
- WATCH: Beachgoers form human chain to save swimmers in Gulf of Mexico
- Jay Cutler, Kristin Cavallari sued over alleged dog bite
- School district warns parents of drugs found disguised as popular lunch item
- Defense expert: Floyd died from heart trouble, not restraint