TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A tractor-trailer hauling apple cider burst into flames Monday morning after it was hit by a sedan that was traveling the wrong way on Interstate 275.
The driver of the sedan suffered serious injuries while the truck driver’s injuries were minor, troopers said.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the crash happened at about 3:15 a.m. in the southbound lanes of I-275 between Fletcher Avenue and Bearrs Avenue.
Troopers say a 25-year-old Lutz man had been traveling northbound in the center lane and hit the truck nearly head-on.
The truck hit a barrier wall and caught fire.
The report did not mention whether the accident was alcohol-related.
The Florida Highway Patrol closed both directions of the interstate, but both lanes are now open.
- Super Bowl LV ‘wasn’t a super spreader’ event, Hillsborough Co. health officials say
- Hillsborough County expands vaccine eligibility at Ed Radice site
- New Port Richey bridal trunk show to benefit hospice patients this weekend
- Miss Universe competition to air live from Florida in May
- Daytona Beach International Airport given ‘all clear’ following possible threat