TAMPA (WFLA) – A 16-year-old girl was killed in a Friday morning crash on I-75 in Hillsborough County.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the accident happend just before noon just north of Fletcher Avenue.
Troopers say a 16-year-old male was driving a pickup truck and attempted to pass another vehicle when he lost control of the truck. The truck left the roadway and entered the outside shoulder and overturned.
The 16-year-old girl was ejected from the truck and died at the scene.
Troopers say the teen driver and another passenger who were both wearing seat belts both survived and suffered minor injuries.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Leigh’s runcast: Finally feels great for a run outside
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Cooler, drier and fall-like weather finally arrives
- Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Pope ends public audiences, limits numbers at Christmas as virus surges
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida