TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Largo man was speeding on his motorcycle when he rear-ended a tractor-trailer on I-275 Thursday morning and died, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The crash happened around 2:45 a.m. in the northbound lanes of the interstate near the 39 milepost.
Troopers said the 23-year-old was traveling north at a high rate of speed when he rear-ended a tractor-trailer. He died at the scene.
The driver of the tractor-trailer was not hurt.
The report does not mention whether alcohol was a factor in the incident.
The northbound lanes of the interstate were closed for several hours.
- Sonic employees turn the pavement into dance floor for seven-year-old with Downs Syndrome
- Attorney General Moody in Tampa to announce new tool to help Floridians fight crime
- SpaceX launch aborted moments before liftoff
- Chrissy Teigen’s heartbreaking announcement brings awareness to taboo topic of losing a baby
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members