HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Winter Haven man died Monday morning after his pickup hit a disabled semi on the outside lanes of Interstate 4 in Hillsborough County, the Florida Highway Patrol said.
According to troopers, a semi that was heading westbound experienced a mechanical failure and stopped on the outside travel lane, just west of County Line Road.
Troopers said the semi had its hazard lights flashing when it was rear-ended by the driver of a pickup.
The 35-year-old pickup driver died at the scene. The semi driver was not hurt.
The crash blocked some lanes of the Interstate early Monday morning, but traffic is running smoothly at this time.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Remembering Challenger, 35 years after space shuttle disaster
- Tampa Mayor Jane Castor announces mask mandate for outdoor Super Bowl events
- ‘Immunity bubbles’? What you shouldn’t do after getting the COVID vaccine
- Michael Strahan tests positive for COVID-19, sources say
- A deer friend: 4-year-old boy brings home an unlikely companion