HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Winter Haven man died Monday morning after his pickup hit a disabled semi on the outside lanes of Interstate 4 in Hillsborough County, the Florida Highway Patrol said.
According to troopers, a semi that was heading westbound experienced a mechanical failure and stopped on the outside travel lane, just west of County Line Road.
Troopers said the semi had its hazard lights flashing when it was rear-ended by the driver of a pickup.
The 35-year-old pickup driver died at the scene. The semi driver was not hurt.
The crash blocked some lanes of the Interstate early Monday morning, but traffic is running smoothly at this time.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Scientists use moon as a mirror to study Earth
- Police searching for missing 71-year-old man with dementia in Clearwater
- NYC begins registering travelers at COVID-19 checkpoints
- St. Pete Fire Rescue to host free mask distribution event
- German nudist chases down boar who snatched his laptop