MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A driver of a dump truck died when his dump truck caught fire after a crash on I-275 in Manatee County Monday morning.
The crash occurred in the northbound lanes of the interstate at the US-41 exit.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the driver lost control of the vehicle and overturned off the roadway, trapping the driver. Two St. Petersburg officers tried to free the driver from the vehicle, but the truck caught fire, forcing the officers to retreat.
The crash caused backups on northbound I-275.
The identity of the driver has not yet been released.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Josh Duggar trial: Duggar confessed in 2003 to molesting children, says family friend
- ‘He made me proud’: St. Pete mother remembers son killed in Pensacola naval base shooting
- Endangered whale gives birth while entangled in fishing rope
- Trump came in contact with 500 people between first positive test and hospitalization: report
- Unvaccinated patients would pay their own hospital bills under new proposal