HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A suspected drunk driver was arrested after troopers say he slammed into a motorcycle, killing the driver, then left the scene of the crash on Interstate 75.
The crash happened in the southbound lanes of the interstate near Gibsonton Drive shortly after 1 a.m.
Troopers say 35-year-old Frank Joseph Fischer of Tampa was headed south on the interstate and did not see the Suzuki’s GSX-R in front of him.
Fisher rear-ended the motorcycle, which burst into flames, then left the scene of the crash.
Troopers say a 23-year-old Riverview man was ejected from the motorcycle and died at the scene. His name was not released.
Alcohol was believed to be a factor in the crash, according to the report.
Fisher was located by deputies a short time later at the Lowe’s on Gibsonton Drive in Riverview.
He was arrested for DUI manslaughter and leaving the scene of a crash involving death.
- It’s National Doughnut Day! Here’s where you can score free doughnuts
- US unemployment drops unexpectedly to a still-high 13.3%
- KFOR Chopper 4 crew spots, rescues missing swimmer in an Oklahoma river
- Bat-wielding grandmother confronts protesters in Michigan
- 7 people found dead inside burning Alabama home