RIVERVIEW, Fla. (WFLA)―A Brandon woman was struck and killed after walking in front of two vehicles in Riverview Monday night, authorities said.
The incident occurred around 11:15 p.m. in the southbound lanes of U.S. 301 near Rivercrest Drive.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the 60-year-old was crossing the southbound lanes of the roadway when she entered the path of two sedans and was hit.
She died at the scene.
The incident shut down the roadway for several hours Tuesday morning.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 2,628 new coronavirus cases, total hospitalizations near 45K
- Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg to allow fans, masks required at October race
- Charity sees 100% spike in need for jobs, food, shelter
- Attorney General Moody in Tampa to announce new tool to help Floridians fight crime
- Multiple Tampa Bay residents say they owe thousands after crooks applied for small business loans in their name