TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Three people were injured when a tow truck collided with a vehicle on the Howard Frankland Bridge early Tuesday morning.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the driver of the tow truck was heading north on Interstate 275 when he lost control of the vehicle and hit a pickup truck that was parked in a construction lane on the outside shoulder. The impact sent both vehicles across the roadway.
The 49-year-old driver of the pickup was seriously hurt, while the other driver and a passenger in the truck suffered minor injuries. The driver’s current condition is unknown.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Police make nearly 1,400 arrests in 17 cities as protests continue
- Video: Tampa police end jewelry store looting
- Sheriff joins peaceful protest in Flint, Michigan
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Hot with a few isolated storms this afternoon
- Launch gives spectators pride, reprieve from troubled times