TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Three people were injured when a tow truck collided with a vehicle on the Howard Frankland Bridge early Tuesday morning.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the driver of the tow truck was heading north on Interstate 275 when he lost control of the vehicle and hit a pickup truck that was parked in a construction lane on the outside shoulder. The impact sent both vehicles across the roadway.
The 49-year-old driver of the pickup was seriously hurt, while the other driver and a passenger in the truck suffered minor injuries. The driver’s current condition is unknown.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Mega Millions jackpot now $865M, winning numbers drawn
- Clearwater police investigating carjacking, search for suspect underway
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- Senate’s top Democrat, Republican seek path to guide 50-50 chamber
- From Gaga to Garth, Miranda to Moreno: Celebs join inaugural