TAMPA (WFLA) — A car fire on Interstate 4 in Tampa shut down all eastbound lanes Monday during rush hour.
The incident occurred just west of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard after 4 p.m.
All four lanes of the interstate were shut down momentarily while firefighters extinguished the fire.
Select lanes were reopened around 4:40 p.m.
- Police make nearly 1,400 arrests in 17 cities as protests continue
- Video: Tampa police end jewelry store looting
- Sheriff joins peaceful protest in Flint, Michigan
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Hot with a few isolated storms this afternoon
- Launch gives spectators pride, reprieve from troubled times