LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – All lanes of I-4 are now open following a fatal crash involving multiple vehicles on Interstate 4 in Lakeland.
The crash happened between Exits 32 and 33 around 11 a.m. At least two people have died. The extent of any other injuries is unknown.
Authorities have shut down all eastbound lanes and all but one westbound lane of the interstate and are asking drivers to avoid the area.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,816 new cases, 308 new hospitalizations
- Polk County deputy arrested after written threats regarding U.S. Capitol riots, sheriff’s office says
- In divisive times, leaders use the message of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to promote unity in Lakeland
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 8,002 new cases, 137 new resident deaths
- Florida coronavirus: Over 1 million COVID-19 vaccinations administered in the state