HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Highway Patrol arrested a man on suspicion of DUI after a fiery crash on Interstate 4 Thursday morning.
Troopers said the 36-year-old Clearwater man was heading east on the interstate, just west of McIntosh Road, when he lost control of his sedan and ran into an abandoned pickup truck.
Both vehicles went up in flames, but neither the driver or his 35-year-old passenger were injured, according to troopers.
The man was arrested for DUI and cited for careless driving.
- ‘We will not stay silent’: Bradenton family wants accountability after death of USF student in house explosion
- Hillsborough County seniors will get second vaccine under new vendor
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot