ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A St. Pete police officer is getting a lot of attention for his act of kindness on the job.
Officer Johnson was on patrol in St. Petersburg on Thursday when he noticed a woman walking by herself.
At first, he thought the woman might be lost. But when he offered her a ride home, she insisted on finishing her walk.
Instead of leaving her alone, the officer took the woman’s hand and walked her all of the way home.
The agency shared the touching photo on Facebook, telling followers to “lean on us.”
“We should all take such time as Officer Johnson did — we can learn so much from these folks,” said one commenter, Jinianne Gorg.
“Officer Johnson is a class act and always has been!!” wrote Jennifer Castleman.
- Dallas Stars beat Lightning 4-1 in Game 1 of Stanley Cup
- Idaho pastor hospitalized after defying mask mandate
- Cash App scheme could wipe out your bank account
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Getting breezy Sunday, lower humidity coming
- No vote on RBG successor until after election, Collins says