ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A St. Pete police officer is getting a lot of attention for his act of kindness on the job.
Officer Johnson was on patrol in St. Petersburg on Thursday when he noticed a woman walking by herself.
At first, he thought the woman might be lost. But when he offered her a ride home, she insisted on finishing her walk.
Instead of leaving her alone, the officer took the woman’s hand and walked her all of the way home.
The agency shared the touching photo on Facebook, telling followers to “lean on us.”
“We should all take such time as Officer Johnson did — we can learn so much from these folks,” said one commenter, Jinianne Gorg.
“Officer Johnson is a class act and always has been!!” wrote Jennifer Castleman.
- Vending machines for COVID-19 self-tests rollout at California airport
- Hobby Lobby to end popular 40% off coupon at the end of February
- Frontline nurses at Raymond James testing site upset they weren’t included in Super Bowl ticket giveaway
- Here are the early Super Bowl prop bets
- Biden: ‘Waited too long to deal with climate crisis’