OLDSMAR, Fla. (WFLA) – Three people and a dog are safe and not injured following a house fire Sunday morning.
It happened on the 400 block of Lafayette Blvd. According to Chief Dean O’ Nale, the two-story home is a loss and investigators are working to determine what caused it.
At this point, O’ Nale said the damage estimate is unknown, however, it is not suspicious.
Crews from Oldsmar, Dunedin, Safety Harbor, East Lake, Palm Harbor, and Clearwater responded. We’re told a smoke alarm alerted the people inside of the fire, which was in the back of the house at the time and later spread through the roof.
We have a crew at the scene. Stay with Newschannel 8 for updates on this developing story.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Float party in St. Pete Beach proceeds, despite protest
- Woman redeems 22-year-old Disney Park Hopper pass she never got to use at age 4
- ‘Fixer Upper’ fans are going crazy over Joanna’s announcement
- PHOTOS: Lakeland Police Fallen Heroes Memorial Inaugural 5K Run
- Burger Showdown takes over Curtis Hixon Park
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines