TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA)-Thousands of dollars worth of spice is off the streets of Tampa Wednesday morning after Hillsborough County deputies busted a spice sale operation.
Throughout a two-month-long investigation, undercover deputies say they made several spice sales with Beverage Castle employees, a drive-thru alcohol convenience store, located at 4206 Orient Rd. in Tampa.
On Tuesday, deputies raided the Beverage Castle and discovered at least 249 bags of spice valued at approximately $5,000 and $4,725 in cash.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, a large amount of the drug was hidden in the walls of the store, covered up by a large board.
29-year-old Christopher Campbell of Tampa, 32-year-old Lance Edgeman, Jr. of Plant City and 24-year-old Benjamin Sanford of Tampa were all arrested on charges of delivery of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Hillsborough County cracks down on Uber, Lyft drivers
- WATCH: Three women arrested after video captures riverbank beating
- Woman calls 911 after pizza order error
- Cafe owner hires homeless man after hearing his story
- Amazon to hold grand opening for Ruskin fulfillment center
- Oklahoma family finds dead mouse in can of green beans
- Boy 16, charged with leaving scene of fiery I-75 crash
- Nurse surrenders license over photo of patient’s genitals
- Polk woman arrested on meth charge after toddler wearing dirty diaper found in road
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines