HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Highway Patrol is seeking information about a hit-and-run that killed a teenage pedestrian on Interstate 75 near the Sun City Center exit.
The collision occurred Wednesday evening around 11:10 p.m.
Troopers say the 17-year-old from Ruskin was walking in the southbound lanes when she was struck by a vehicle, possibly a tractor-trailer.
The girl died at the scene.
Troopers said the vehicle did not stop and continued southbound on I-75.
Those with information regarding the incident are being asked to call the FHP at 813-558-1800.
- Florida early voting site closed after workers get coronavirus
- Freebies and deals for Halloween 2020
- Valrico teen siblings arrested for murder after drug deal gone wrong, deputies say
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 5,592 new cases, total case count surpasses 800K
- Police: Man in critical condition after possible St. Pete home invasion