NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) — The Florida Highway Patrol is searching for a driver who fatally struck a pedestrian and drove away.
The department says Tampa resident Alonzo Maruice Milton, 40, was crossing a highway in Pasco County early Sunday when he was hit by the vehicle. Investigators recovered pieces of a chrome bumper at the scene, leading them to believe the driver was in a large pickup truck.
Investigators also found a bleach bucket and towel at the scene, and say the driver might work for a pool maintenance company.
Milton died at the scene of the crash. The department didn’t release the victim’s name pending notification of his family.
- Ugly cars: Car designs not even a mother could love
- Florida lawmaker appears to get trolled with fake names during hearing
- Cannabis community worried over proposed bill restricting hemp sales
- Gwyneth Paltrow testifies she initially feared ski collision was a sexual assault
- Person with whistle disrupts GOP-led trip to see jailed Jan. 6 suspects