NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) — The Florida Highway Patrol is searching for a driver who fatally struck a pedestrian and drove away.
The department says Tampa resident Alonzo Maruice Milton, 40, was crossing a highway in Pasco County early Sunday when he was hit by the vehicle. Investigators recovered pieces of a chrome bumper at the scene, leading them to believe the driver was in a large pickup truck.
Investigators also found a bleach bucket and towel at the scene, and say the driver might work for a pool maintenance company.
Milton died at the scene of the crash. The department didn’t release the victim’s name pending notification of his family.
- Super Bowl champs share stories of being spotted by fans following Super Bowl victory
- Sarasota deputies stop $4.15 million in CARES Act fund fraud
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: More rounds of rain and storms Tuesday
- New Selmon elevated connector officially opens to drivers
- Democrats urge citizens and corporations to fight controversial ‘anti-riot’ bill