TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa General Hospital is calling on citizens to sew for the cause.
The hospital needs about 10,000 homemade cloth masks for staff to use in the coming weeks.
To make the masks, donors should follow the CDC guidelines and use a double layer of unused machine-washable cotton. You can find further guidelines and step-by-step mask tutorials from the CDC here.
Those who wish to donate can do so starting next week by visiting the hospital’s drop-off location at 1 Davis Boulevard in Tampa. Hours are Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Fridays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
People can also donate masks through the mail by sending them to Tampa General Hospital, Attn: Volunteer Services, P.O. Box 1289, Tampa, FL 33601.
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Not much rain; lots of heat and humidity
- Gas prices rise as states reopen
- Hallmark Channel releases Christmas-themed wines
- Alaska protesters interrupt campaign event with animal heart
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27