TAMPA (WFLA) — Three people were hospitalized after a shooting at a gas station Sunday morning in Tampa.
Hillsborough County deputies were called to the Chevron gas station at 6812 N. 56th St. around 4 a.m. following reports of a fight. When deputies arrived, they found about 250 people gathered outside the business.
8 On Your Side spoke with C.C. Ramirez who lives down the street from the gas station. He said he the amount of people at the gas station is normal.
“That’s not surprising at all, I’ve seen more people out here actually. On the weekends I have noticed its like an ongoing party,” said C.C. Ramirez.
According to 911 calls, multiple shots were fired after a fight broke out. Three people were hit by bullets and transported to Tampa General Hospital.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said witnesses at the scene were uncooperative with detectives.
“There is no question that someone has cellphone video or saw something that could help detectives locate the individuals responsible and take them into custody. We are asking witnesses to come forward,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister. “Anyone with information can call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 813-247-8200.”
- Leigh’s runcast: Humidity makes it harder for your body to cool down during exercise
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Typical August weather this week
- Stars, Golden Knights players kneel during American and Canadian national anthems
- Woman says 4-foot snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in Colorado apartment
- Driver suffers life-threatening injures in crash with HART bus, police say