NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. (WESH) —A 40-year-old surfer has become the 11th surf bite victim of 2019 in Volusia County.
Officials said the man from Mims was surfing when he was bit in the calf and the hand.
Officials said the surfer was riding a wave when he got some air and bailed. He landed on top of the shark.
The man’s condition was not immediately available, but officials said he declined transport to the hospital. He will likely be taking himself to get treatment, officials said.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Increasing humidity ahead of a weekend cold front
- Gender reveal party explosion rattles several New Hampshire towns
- Family members of couple killed in downtown St. Petersburg want intersection improvements
- CDC investigating woman’s death after Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Tampa woman nearly loses homeowner’s insurance over faulty county-owned sidewalk