(WCMH) – According to a recent survey, seven percent of Americans believe chocolate milk comes from brown cows.
The study found 48 percent of respondents weren't sure where chocolate milk came from. Seven percent thought chocolate milk only comes from brown cows.
That adds up to about 16.4 million people.
The Washington Post linked the study to past studies that consistently show many Americans have no idea where their food comes from. For example, a study in the 1990s found that nearly 20 percent of people did not know hamburgers are made from beef.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Woman who sent texts urging suicide guilty of manslaughter
- PCSO: Former juvenile justice employee admits to molesting 7-year-old
- Manhunt Over: Tennessee homeowner with gun helps capture escaped inmates
- Deputies: Bradenton woman admitted to raping child, 6, with her father
- Cops: Drunk caretaker passed out, boy found wandering near busy St. Pete road